I saw this at Angelica’s site and decided to give it a go.
It’s almost scary how easy it is to find faults and defects in ourselves, and how hard it can be to find something good and positive. It’s like our brains are programmed to only remember the bad things and lock good stuff away in the basement. :/
So… a little self-appreciation might be in order!
List three things you’re good at, three things you like about your life, three things you like about your personality and three things you like about your looks. Then challenge five people to do the same.
Three things I’m good at:
2. I’m pretty good with dogs. As in teaching and training them and such.
3. I’m really good at remembering names and faces. It’s convenient most of the time, but not always. Like when people think I’m a crazy stalker for remembering them even though we’ve only met once some 6 years ago. Or when I remember the entire cast of some movie and people think I’m a huge fan since I “know all about it” when in reality I didn’t like it at all.
Three things I like about my life:
1. I have the most amazing little family in Zaphod and Markus. I seriously don’t know what I would do without my boys <3 2. I love the place I live in. Only 20 min walk to the town centre but still with the forest just outside my window. It's a perfect mix of "urban" and rural. 3. I have a job that lets me be independent and creative and I like that a lot. Three things I like about my personality:
1. I’m strong and independent.
2. I’m funny (or so I’ve been told *lol*)
3. I’m open-minded. In my world people can do/look/act/live however they want as long as they’re nice.
Three things I like about my looks:
1. My slender hands.
2. My legs (only part of my body that I can say is toned).
3. My eyes. They can’t see worth a damn, but they’re pretty *lol*
And I challenge anyone who reads this and would like to do it :)
I’m sure I’m not the only one who could work on acknowledging and appreciating our good qualities rather than the bad.