Camila came to pick up Oggie on Wednesday night. They came right from the air port to us, she missed him that much :)
So now I only have one dog again. Feels really great to have peace and order restored to our home, but at the same time it’s a little sad. Even if he drove us crazy at least 3 times/day with his energy and random crazyness it was such a fun experience having him here. I will miss having a little furball to cuddle with, and he did bring some life to our otherwise rather calm household.
Zaphod is sweet and all, but cuddling with him is like hugging a kitchen chair. Everything is sharp and pointy and there are limbs sticking out everywhere. And he releases all his energy outdoors so when at home he lays down in a corner and refuse to move. Sometimes I don’t even see him for hours. (Which is actually one of the things that makes him so easy to live with, so I’m not complaining about that.)
Oggie in list form:
|Good stuff||Not so good stuff|
|– Small and lightweight. Takes no space at all.
– Enough fur to stand the weather, likes to go out even if it’s cold and snowy.
– Very happy and outgoing, tail never stops wagging!
– Doesn’t seem to have much guarding instinct, little to no barking (huuuge plus).
– Kinda cute after all :3
|– TO much fur!! Zomg 8O
– Follows me around like a tail wherever I go. Cute at first but after a while it gets irritating and stresses me out since I’m not used to it. (Why? What do you want from me!?)
– So much energy! Even after 2 hours of playing in the woods he has no desire to sleep.
– So small, furry and flat-faced I had to hunch down right in front of him in order to make eye contact. Makes it kinda hard to communicate.
– Doesn’t seem to have any understanding of basic dog language. (a deep growl means you should STOP biting the ears, not bite harder and start pulling…)
I have to say though that it has been a fun and worthwhile month, and all in all it wasn’t that much trouble.
He had zero respect for Zaphod (he is such a wuss) but he did listen to me. His fur was insane but on the other hand it was nice to have a weather-resistant dog. It took me a while to learn how to walk with two leashed dogs so the first walks were… interesting. But eventually I figured it out :P
I also learned that it’s impossible to say the name Oggie without using your most ridiculous baby voice and adding a long line of poggie moggie woggie loggie after :D
Can I imagine getting a dog like that for myself? I think my answer is no. Size is good, I could definitely see myself with a slightly smaller dog. But I don’t want something that requires that much grooming and definitely not something that flat-faced.
I’m not gonna spam this post with pictures, but they’re up on Flickr so you can go there if you wanna see some cuddling and dog-on-dog action. I recommend the bath photos if you want some lols ;)