Hello 2012, goodbye 2011!
Did everyone have a nice New Year’s Eve?
We had a small party at home with a bunch of friends and at 00.00 we all crowded together on the balcony to watch the fireworks. It was a nice and calm evening :)
Unfortunately I woke up to a sore throat, a running nose and a throbbing headache on Monday. I’m still feeling rather crappy to be honest. Way to start the new year :x I was going to write some clever 2011 summary post but I can’t be arsed with that to be honest, so I’m just going to answer the same meme as I did last year and go to bed…
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Ooo, lots of things. I cut my hair into a mohawk, went to Munich, discovered Geocaching, bought an iPad (my first ever Apple product) and received an honorary award for work.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. I have my 101 list and I think that’s enough.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in the new year that you lacked in this?
This time last year I wanted to be more creative, and although I did do a lot more art in 2011 than in 2010 I think I’m going to say the same thing again: I want to do more drawing, pixeling and general creative stuff.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
July 22, when first the bomb and then the killings happened in Norway. It was surreal on a whole new level.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Did some awesome projects at work that I’m rather proud of. Oh, and and cutting off the hair! That was pretty big :P
9. What was your biggest failure?
I’ve been rather lazy when it comes to exercise this year. Not enough walks, or not long enough anyway, and not enough time spent out in the woods. I need to get back on track!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I’ve been pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The iPad. It’s amazing and I love it :love:
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mum, for being an exemplary senior citizen ;) She retired last winter and made a solemn promise to herself and everyone around her that she would NOT turn into on of “those” old folks who get up before dawn, go to the store/bank during lunch hour or start complaining about how teens dress. So far she’s living up to her promises, haha.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Certain people who shall not be mentioned.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The iPad was the most expensive thing I bought, but 2011 was a big shopping year overall. Lots of clothes, make-up, games and other fun stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Munich! ZOMG Munich!!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? Happier
b. thinner or fatter? Same. I think.
c. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More reading. And spending more time out in the woods.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as every year: worrying about silly things I can’t do anything about anyway.
20. How did you spent Christmas?
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Markus I assume. I hate talking on the phone so I don’t call people unless I really have to.
22. Did you fall in love this year?
I’ve been in love since 2007
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Game of Thrones!! And The Tudors! Jericho was also a nice surprise, can’t believe they cancelled it :(
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I dislike some people, but hate? No.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know if I discovered anyone new… I always just listen to the same stuff over and over again, I suck at finding new music.
28. What did you want and get?
The iPad and travelling abroad.
29. What did you want and not get?
More travelling ;)
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Bridesmaids and The King’s Speech! Paul was pretty good too.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 and I had dinner with some friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know… I had a pretty good year. If the fairy godmother had dropped by with a new car maybe?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
I did wear more dresses this year than I used to. I’ve always been a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but now I’m finally getting the hang of dresses.
34. What kept you sane?
Markus. Zappo. The forest. Music. As always.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ian Somerhalder :3
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
They’re debating whether or not to build a railway along the coast all the way up to Luleå (a city 140 km north of my town) and so far it looks like it’s not going to happen. Everyone living in this part of Sweden, including me, wants the railway but nobody wants to cough up the money needed and the politicians in Stockholm doesn’t seem to care one bit. They don’t seem to understand that there actually are people living in the north end of the country too…
37. Who did you miss?
Alex. I wish I got to spend time with her more often. And Johan at work. He got a job at another agency and left me :( Ok, it’s not that dramatic, we’re friends outside of work too so it’s not like I never see him any more – but I really miss him at the office.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Matilda, a freelancer who is hiring a desk at work. She’s really nice, I like her :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
I don’t think I learned anything big enough to be considered a “life lesson”. But I did learn not to wear studded boots if you’re going on a plane. You’ll have to take them off to get through the metal detector and then everyone see the hole in your sock… Better yet: never wear tattered socks!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“We pity you loves leftovers,
we look down on those who can’t stay true.
We are safe but we can’t stop wondering,
if this is it then who’s fooling who?”
Visit to Vienna // Sahara Hotnights