Did you all survive New Years’ Eve?
Me and Markus spent the day at home, just the two of us. We had tacos for dinner, watched both Sex and the City movies (Markus actually likes them. I am still a little amazed over that.) and at midnight we stood on the balcony watching the neighbours’ fireworks and toasted in water :P It was nice and calm, just like Christmas.
I’ve seen this meme floating around for years and I used to do it on my old Swedish blog, so I figured I might as well carry on the tradition:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Got a real job in my desired field of work! That was huge for me :D
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. I have my 101 list and I think that’s enough.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nah, noone really close – but one of my step-cousins became a father to a little baby girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn’t travel abroad at all.
6. What would you like to have in the new year that you lacked in this?
Creativity and artistic inspiration. I hardly did any art in 2010 and I had very little motivation to do anything. I hope 2011 can be a more creative year.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
February 22, when I got my job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping the job I think. I mean, if I didn’t do a decent job they would’ve fired me by now – but I’m still there. So far I’ve managed to deliver, and I’m very pleased with that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not drawing enough is a failure I guess. Oh, and breaking the camera! How clumsy was that!? :doh:
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I’ve been pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets for Sweden Rock Festival, no doubt :rock:
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Johan. He is a really great friend and he has helped me and Markus way more than he should have. I don’t think we show our appreciation enough, but he really does rock.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The majority of the voting public. Almost everyone on TV. Certain people who should not be named.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and food. Yay.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sweden Rock (as always) and every single pay check ;)
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2010?
Up in Smoke with Blackberry Smoke. For various silly reasons :P
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? happier
b. thinner or fatter? slightly fatter I’m afraid
c. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Art. And reading. And I wish I had spent more time in the woods.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Same as every year: worrying about silly things I can’t do anything about anyway.
20. How did you spent Christmas?
With my mother. Went to my dad for Christmas Eve, made a short stop at my aunt too.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Markus I assume. I don’t like talking on the phone so I don’t call people unless I have to.
22. Did you fall in love this year?
I’ve been in love since 2007 :heart:
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
The Big Bang Theory! And Cougar Town. Didn’t watch much else to be honest.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I dislike some people, but hate? No.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
A series of books about settlers in the north Swedish mountains during the 19th century. By Bernhard Nordh. The story is very Jack Londonesque and I really liked it.
And of course the Lord of the Rings trilogy that I re-read for the 150th time.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Spookshow. Female-fronted Swedish horror punk = win :D
28. What did you want and get?
Lots of things actually. The much mentioned job for example.
29. What did you want and not get?
To travel abroad.
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
The Wolfman. Didn’t see much else that struck my fancy. Alice In Wonderland was pretty good, but not as good as I had hoped.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and I had dinner with Markus’ parents and played lasertag with some friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery maybe? I actually had a really good year, I’m overall pretty satisfied.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
Same as always. Lots of black, lots of studs and washed-out t-shirts and worn jeans.
34. What kept you sane?
Markus. Zappo. The forest. As always.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Eli Roth. I can’t explain it, but something about him makes my lady parts beep.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Swedish election. I still can’t believe the results… 4 more years with those people? Come on!
37. Who did you miss?
Alex. I wish I got to spend time with her more often.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Didn’t meet that many new people. A friend’s new girlfriend was a pleasant surprise so I say her. :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year.
I… don’t think I learned anything big enough to be considered a “life lesson”. Unless you count a handful very handy WordPress tricks :P
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“You don’t have a lot
But it’s all that you’ve got
And you can turn it into more than it seems
Just give it a shot”
Good girls go to heaven (bad girls go everywhere) // Meat Loaf